Friday, April 24, 2009

What a day

Today was a little trying at times. Ok, most of the day, but that doesn't mean all of the day, so I have decide to go Pollyanna and post about the things that made me glad today.

Our morning activity. I had to drag myself out of the house, but I was rewarded with smiling faces, good conversations with good friends, and a great place for my kids to play all morning. I am glad for the MOMS Club and the lovely flowers Sunshine picked while we were out.

Trader Joe's fried rice. I did not feel like cooking today, so I was glad when I looked at my weekly meal planner and saw that it was a heat-and-serve night. Shrimp in the pan- five minutes. Fried rice in the pan-two minutes. Dinner served (with applesauce on the side) ten minutes. (and you thought I was going to say "priceless") :D
I was also glad because usually I have to share, but tonight I got to eat all I wanted (oh, and I did), and there is even some left for my lunch tomorrow!

Getting the mail. I have started to take the kids for a walk every evening to get the mail. It's hard for us to get out in the afternoon, so this is a nice little change of scenery between snack time and TV time. What I am so glad about today, though, is that we played tag. It was just plain fun! We laughed and ran and just enjoyed the perfect weather and each other.
Our magazine arrived too. :)

Our roses. I am glad that our roses are finally blooming. Well these are no longer blooming thanks to two very helpful, junior gardeners, but there will be more, and it always makes me glad to look out the window and see these lovely orange, pink, and yellow roses!

Sleeping children. Yes I am glad, glad, glad for sleeping children. They woke up early this morning, so that means I woke up early this morning. This probably accounts for the trying day since I was very tired. But early to rise means early to bed, and they all fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow. That is a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. That was a "Polly" look out all right :o)
    Those sleeping little ones are so so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete