Here is a recipe I made the other day. It turned out so yummy the kids had three helpings!
Beef and Mushroom Burgers
- 1 lb Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- 2 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 1-2 Eggs
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 2-3 tbsp Flax Seed Meal (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp Oregano
- 1-2 tbsp Basil
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- Pepper to taste (about 1tsp)
- Salt to taste (about 1 1/2 tsp)
- 12 Whole Wheat Rolls
- Put bread in the food processor, pulse until ground. Then turn to "On" and add mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are chopped add the egg, and pulse until the mixture is combined.
- Pour the mushroom mixture into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, mix well. Refrigerate the mixture until ready to use.
- Form the mixture into patties and grill about five minutes on each side, or until done.
- Serve on WW rolls with Spring Mix greens and your toppings of choice.
- Makes about 12 medium burgers.