Sunday, March 7, 2010

Recipe Swap: Non-dairy Quiche

This is the wonderful recipe for my Non-dairy Quiche, or as I tell the kids, Dinner Pie. It's so wonderful because it's tasty, easy, and incredibly versatile! the core part of this recipe (3 eggs to 1 cup milk in a pie shell) can be paired with just about any left over meat and veggies. If you have the pre-made rolled pie dough on hand the prep part of this dinner is done in just minutes!

Non-dairy Quiche (Aka: Dinner Pie)

By Bananasbread.blogspot.com

Ingredients:

1 pre-made rolled pie crust or home-made pie crust

1/2 cup cooked Salmon (I use 1 can of wild salmon)

1/3 cup chopped onion

1 cup frozen chopped spinach

3 Eggs

1cup plain Almond milk (You can substitute with Soy milk, Rice milk, or Cow's milk)

1/2 tsp Salt

1/8 tsp Pepper

1/2 tsp dried marjoram

1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Olive Oil


(1)Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

(2)Line pie plate with pie crust -follow the directions that came with your crust.

(3)Heat olive oil in a large pan over med heat then add the spinach and onion. Cook and stir until tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt, pepper, marjoram and nutmeg. Set aside to cool.

(4)Mix the salmon with the spinach and onion, and spread it in the prepared pie crust.

(5) Whisk or blend together the eggs and almond milk. Pour into the pie crust.

(6) Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the center is set. Cool slightly before serving, about five minutes.

(7)Serve with salad, or a side of your choice, and enjoy!


I have also added this recipe to Simply Modern Mom's Over-Used Recipe Swap. Go over and check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, Banana--I gave up dairy for Lent and I'm HURTING. :) --g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know, I'm missing my sweets!
    Glad I could help with some of those milk cravings. :)

    ReplyDelete