I got this cute idea from my MOMS Club for making homemade "kites" out of plastic shopping bags (Walmart bags), and I wanted to share it now that the weather is great! Make up a few of these on the next wonderful, windy spring day you head to the park!
You will need:
- 1 Plastic Shopping Bag
- String and/or Curling Ribbon
- Crepe Paper Streamers
- Cut a piece of string about 2ft long and tie one end to one of the handles on the bag, then tie the other end to the other handle.
- Cut a piece of curling ribbon or string about 4ft long and tie one end to the center of the 2ft long string already on the bag.
- Cut four pieces of crepe paper streamer, each 2ft long.
- Staple the streamers to the bottom of the plastic bag
- Hand the end of the 4ft long string/ribbon to your child, and let them run! Enjoy!