Friday, March 13, 2009

I really like your picture.


What comes to mind when you see this picture?

Shame on you!
No, really that's what I thought too. So when we got home from our activity I had to ask my four year old about her lovely picture. Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: I love this picture you made; what is it?
4yo: It's an alien who is a noodyboody (our word for no clothes). He is silly; his arms are on his head!
Me (thinking Uh-Oh): Really?
4yo: Yea, his mommy is mad because he is going to school without his shirt on. you can see his bellybutton! (laughing, and pointing at the green circle scribble on the "tummy")
Me: Is that his bellybutton?
4yo: Yea, and that's a tongue (pointing to the green drawing on the right); I was showing Claire how to draw one.
Me (relieved!): Oh, that's a very good tongue. I really like your picture.
4yo: Thanks Momma.

So that's the story behind her lovely picture and the most lovely part is that she had no idea that it might look like anything other than an alien and a tongue.

Added Note: DH says he didn't see *cough* what I saw. Hmmm, maybe I've had weaning on my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment