Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Peeps (Easter Marshmallows)

I had been wanting to try my hand at homemade marshmallows for a while, so for Easter; instead of getting my favorite Easter candy, Peeps, I tried out this recipe. It was surprisingly easy! I followed the recipe exactly until the end; I sprinkled on the colored sugar after it had cooled for about an hour. It had to have some of that pretty, sweet sugar coated Peep goodness!
A boys side and a girls side.

Dusted the bottom with powdered sugar

I dipped the cookie cutters in powdered sugar between each cut.
 I only cut five bunnies, to give to my kiddos (one messed up), and the rest were eggs. The egg shape was so much easier. I rolled the cut edges in powdered sugar after each cut, and dipped all the extra bits in powdered sugar at the end. None of this deliciousness was going to waste!
My finished "Peeps" and the extra bits.
 
They are so pretty!
Sadly I haven't gotten to try them yet! I gave up sweets for Lent, but this Sunday I will have to test them out to make sure they're good. I think PT will need help eating his too...

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I can't wait to see them when I get get home! -DH

    ReplyDelete