I did a little Halloween sewing this year.
Immy's costume was just assembled, and PT's costume was purchased (they looked so cute!), so I had a little more time to focus on the homemade ones.
We started at the Goodwill to pick up some cheap pieces to chop-up, and I found this little dress for Lulu.
I cut out all the shear pink fabric from the top piece. Then I chopped off the outer layer of the skirt; short in the front, and longer like a little bustle in the back.
I used the cut off skirt to make the sleeves, and I used the bottom part of an old T-shirt to make a little white pointy hat. She was so cute and looked just like a Victorian ghost! (There are no good pictures of her wearing the dress, because I am still pathetic with my new camera. Sorry.)
For JP I dug into my old pile of white T's again. I made his hat just like Lulu's and then used the rest to cut lots, and LOTS of 2" strips.
I found the perfect Egyptian collar on an old costume at the Goodwill, so I bought that and fixed it to tie around his neck. The costume also came with ugly shoulder "adornment" which was perfect to cut off and turn into Egyptian cuffs!
I hot glued all the strips to the hat and a cotton body suit we picked up at the Goodwill. (ok, it's technically not sewing, but I was still up until 1am two nights in a row.)
It turned out really amazing, and he was so excited!
It was a great Halloween, and again, no good pics. We were just too busy having fun. ;)