Friday, March 4, 2011

Baby Woodland Elf Hat

I made this darling little hat to go with a friend's baby shower gift. It turned out so pretty I really had to talk myself out of keeping it. That wasn't too hard considering I have a boy baby, and his giant brain has already taken his head well beyond newborn size, but I just liked looking at it. I loved how it was modern and kind of Victorian at the same time. I got the feeling like when you look at your child and think "wow, I made that."; in a lesser sense of course, but still very satisfying. 

Anyway, back to the hat. (I shouldn't blog at night; all sorts of randomness comes out.) I got the pattern from Amy Karol's book Bend the Rules Sewing. I absolutely love this book, and her blog Angry Chicken

 The hat was really simple and was easily finished in a couple of hours. I used a fleece fabric since I didn't have wool, and it turned out beautiful. I really like how the ties curled up, and look like little ringlets. A lovely little gift for a lovely little girl.

More of my beautiful models!

No comments:

Post a Comment