Thursday, February 18, 2010

Winter Herbs

The kids and I have started a little indoor garden. We planted some different herbs, which I am hoping will be easy to grow and quite tasty once they come in. I love to do projects with the kids that have a twofold effect- providing them with a fun/educational experience, and giving back to the family or others in a meaningful way. Not that every craft project needs to be for charity or anything, we have plenty of random art lying around the house, but I think there is a lot of pride in seeing something that you have created being useful or helpful to others. It's so expensive to buy fresh herbs, so this should be a wonderful addition to our meals. Now if I can just keep them alive -the herbs that is, I'm not too worried about the kids.
I chose some herbs I thought we would use regularly. We decided on Catnip, Cilantro, Chamomile, Oregano, Parsley, and Sweet Basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment