Friday, November 6, 2009

Who is human?

I read a fascinating post on the blog Conversion diary several weeks ago, and I have had it on my mind ever since. I wanted to share it with you. The author, Jeniffer Fulwiler, tells of her conversion from being "vehemently pro-choice" to pro-life. Here is an exert from her post:

Back in college I remember reading about how in certain societies throughout history, I believe in this case it was the Greeks, it was common for parents to abandon unwanted newborns, leaving them somewhere to die. It was so deeply troubling to me, and I could never figure out what was going on there: how on earth could this have happened?! I mean, I knew lots of people, and nobody I knew would do that! In fact, in our society you only hear about it in rare cases of people who are obviously mentally disturbed. How could something so obviously evil, so unthinkably horrific be common among entire societies?

Because of my deep distress at hearing of things like this, I found it really irritating when pro-lifers would refer to abortion as "killing babies."

It is a wonderful post, and you can read the rest of it here at: Who is human?

I also recommend
How would you know? which goes along with this image:


This picture haunts me:

Both of these are well worth the read!

1 comment:

  1. I read both of the links...thank you for recommending them! They were fascinating. On a different note, I love that you made your son's Superman costume instead of buying him a flimsy ugly plastic one!

    ReplyDelete